PRINCIPLES FOR TEACHING SCIENCE AT TROON CP SCHOOL
“I have not failed; I have just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Thomas Edison
We know good Science occurs in our school when…
1. We ask questions and wonder...
2. We learn through hands-on investigations
3. We apply our learning to the real world
4. We use science to make a difference in the real world
5. We Predict, Explore, Engage, Enquire and Explain
6. We are collaborative learners
7. We are inspired by real life scientists/experts
8. We apply our maths skills in science
VISION FOR SCIENCE AT TROON CP SCHOOL
We nurture active, knowledgeable and curious scientists who question, explore and investigate the world around them.
At Troon Primary School our vision is to give children a Science curriculum which enables them to explore and discover the world around them, confidently, so that they have a deeper understanding of the world we live in. To achieve this it involves exciting, practical hands on experiences that encourage curiosity and questioning. Our aim is that these stimulating and challenging experiences help children secure and extend their scientific knowledge and vocabulary. We believe that these opportunities will ensure that our children are confident, life-long learners who will explore the world around them.
Click on the link Science at Troon School