- During periods of national lockdown our school will only be open to children of critical workers and vulnerable children. For the rest of our children learning will be provided remotely and can be accessed through our online system SeeSaw (Year 1-6) or Tapestry (Nursery and Reception).
- We teach the same curriculum remotely as we do in school wherever possible and appropriate. However, we have needed to make some adaptations in some subjects. For example, we have considered subjects that would be difficult to teach at home and resources you may not be able to access (for lessons such as PE and Science.) In these cases, we will make alternative suggestions and ensure that specific objectives are covered when your child returns to school.
- We expect our remote learning will take pupils in Key Stage One (Year 1 and 2) broadly 3 hours and children in Key Stage Two ( Year 3, 4, 5, 6) broadly 4 hours.
Key Stage 1- 3 Hours
- Maths lesson (45 mins)
- RWI lesson (40 mins)
- English lesson (45 mins)
- Topic lesson (50 mins)
Year 2 children also have Times Table Rockstar access and access to Oxford Owl reading resources.
Key Stage 2- 4 Hours
- Maths lesson (1 hour)
- English Lesson (1 hour)
- Topic Lesson (1 hour)
- Nessy (20 mins)
- Times Table Rock Stars (20 mins)
- Reading / Oxford Owl (20 mins)
- It is an expectation that all of our children engage in the remote learning that is provided. We are here to support you to make that happen and can offer advice and technical support. Each of our pupils have been provided a Microsoft account so that they can attend daily registration meeting's with their teachers and peers. We believe this helps support pupils social and emotional well-being. Daily Teams meeting's are also held to offer additional Maths and English support for each class. PowerMaths books for each child are available to collect from the school office or can be delivered if needed.